Saturday, February 2, 2013

Last Days in San Francisco

Couchsurfing is amazing.  It's the only way to see the things you normally wouldn't see, especially if you were soloing it.  My couch surfing host Tracy, took me a small town outside of San Francisco called Walnut Creek.  It's a typical, small, American town with shops and restaurants lining the streets.  We  went to a local bar called Stadium Pub and I tried the local beer, Anchor Steam.
Tracy and I at Stadium Pub
After a few beers we headed to a local sushi house.  I ordered a bit of everything, and it was delicious.
Mmm...Sushi
The following day we headed back into the city to meet some of his friends, one who used to live in the Pittsburgh area.  We had a great time drinking and talking about about traveling.  Tracy took me on a tour around the markets and buildings in the area.
Bay Bridge
View behind the Ferry Building
Interior of the San Francisco Ferry Building
Ferry Building clock tower
High rise
Ferry Building clock tower
Crosswalk over a city street
Art and planters in the center of a shopping plaza
I had an enjoyable time in San Francisco, and many thanks to my host Tracy.  I appreciate the breakfasts, lodging and the tours.  Spending time with a few of the locals made my experience that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment